Summer time is here which means you might be ready to mix up your smoothie game! I know I sure am! This strawberry maca smoothie is light and refreshing! Plus, when strawberries are in season, how can you resist?!
With the recent news that I am allergic to cacao, vanilla, almond butter, and bananas, I’ve had to get creative with my smoothies!
I am obsessed with the superfood, maca powder. Maca is an adaptogen root that is great at helping us deal with certain stressors. This is great for hormonal balance, improving your mood, and increases stamina. It has a mild nutty flavor. I prefer the gelatinized version because it is the most concentrated form and has been removed of it’s starch, making it easier to digest and bioavailable. Click here for the one I prefer! If you are looking for other amazing superfood add ins, I did a post that you can check out here!
- 12 oz nut milk of choice
- 1–2 c spinach
- 6 chunks of frozen zucchini
- 5 whole strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 chunks of frozen coconut (I purchase at Trader Joes)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (I prefer Tonic collagen)
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp sunbutter or any nut butter
- Add everything to your blender and blend until smooth! Enjoy!